Moving Averages & Bollinger Bands Strategy
Today, Andrew is here to teach you one of his very favorite trading strategies which involves moving averages and Bollinger bands. As you probably know by now, we here at the Income Mentor Box Day Trading Academy are all about teaching you to become the best day traders around.
This is why we are here today, to teach you a super simple trading strategy that should result in great ITM rates and profit levels too. As you will see in the video which we have included here, Andrew takes you on a step by step tutorial on how to put this moving averages and Bollinger bands strategy to use. Included is everything you need to know in order to be successful with this moving averages and Bollinger bands. We also have live trades to show you, trades which used this exact same trading strategy, and you better believe that the overall profits were great!
Now, the beauty of his moving averages and Bollinger bands strategy is that it is very easy to use and really should not take you long to master. Let’s take a closer look at Andrew’s moving averages and Bollinger bands strategy right now!
Moving Averages & Bollinger Bands Strategy – When To Use It
One thing that you probably want to know about this moving averages and Bollinger bands strategy is what kind of trading it can be applied to. Well, this trading strategy can be used for Forex, indices, and stocks, which is convenient no doubt. What is also nice here is that this moving averages and Bollinger bands trading strategy can be used in combination with any broker platform out there. As you can see, this particular day trading strategy is indeed quite versatile, and this is always nice because it can be applied to many types of trading.
Moving Averages and Bollinger Bands – What Do I Need?
There are two things that you will need here in order to use this moving averages and Bollinger bands strategy. As the name of the strategy itself implies, the first thing that you will need to put this day trading strategy to use is the moving average. To be exact, here you will need two EMAs, or exponential moving average lines. These can be found on the charts of any broker. The other thing you will need to put this strategy to use are Bollinger Bands, which all brokers also have.
Using Moving Averages and Bollinger Bands For Day Trading
Ok, so now that you know what you need to put this day trading strategy into use, let’s go over a step by step instructional on how to put it into effect. It’s really not that hard, especially if you take a look at our Income Mentor Box Day Trading Academy moving averages and Bollinger bands video we posted here in this article.
- So, first things first, you need to select the currency pairing which you wish to trade with. For the purposes of this instructional, Andy chose to go with the USD/JPY pairing.
- Next, you need to open up the chart and add your exponential moving average line. Go to the indicators tab and fine the EMA.
- For the first EMA line, make it blue, and set the length to 365, because there are 365 days of the year. Now click OK. Now, set up the second line, and make it red so it stands out, and set it to 180, and click OK.
- Now you need to add the Bollinger bands to the chart. Go to the indicators tab and search for the Bollinger bands. It’s one of the most popular momentum indicators, so it should be available on all brokers.
- So, now the rule is this, if THE RED LINE IS ABOVE THE BLUE LINE, THE PRICE IS EXPERIENCING AN INCREASE. However, IF THE BLUE LINE IS ABOVE THE RED LINE, THE PRICE IS EXPERIENCING DOWNARD MOMENTUM.
- The next rule here is that you are looking for the candlesticks to cross the top or bottom of the Bollinger bands. If the price is touching the top of the Bollinger bands and the price is experiencing downward momentum, it indicates that you need to place a SELL trade. This also applies in the reverse order in terms of placing a BUY trade.
Andrew’s Moving Averages and Bollinger Bands Trades – SUCCESS!
Now that we here at the Income Mentor Box Day Trading Academy have taught you the basics behind this moving averages and Bollinger bands trading strategy, let’s take a look at the actual trades placed. Yes, whenever Andrew does a tutorial like this, he will use that same strategy to place trades. As you can see from the embedded video, the moving averages and Bollinger bands strategy turned out to be very profitable for Andrew.
Andrew and the Income Mentor Box Day Trading Academy placed a total of 9 trades using this moving averages and Bollinger bands strategy. Well, 7 of the 9 trades turned out to be winners. Therefore, the ITM or win rate for this trading session is approximately 78%. This is a very good win rate and it’s nothing to look down your nose at. In terms of profits, these 9 trades generated close to 2,000 Euros for Andy. Folks, making 2K in a few hours of trading is absolutely spectacular, and it proves that this moving averages and Bollinger bands strategy is indeed the real deal.
Moving Averages and Bollinger Bands Strategy – Conclusion
As you can see, if done right, this moving averages and Bollinger bands day trading strategy can be very successful, just like it was for Andy. If you want to become a professional day trader, we would recommend joining our Income Mentor Box Day Trading Academy. For the low price of $299, which is a onetime payment, and no hidden fees, you will get complete access to all course materials.
You will get access to over 51 trading tutorials, with more being released every day. You will also get a free day trading EBook, access to a private chat, and access to the Facebook group where free trading signals are posted every day. You can simply copy and paste these signals into your trading platform, and make a lot of money doing so, just like Andrew himself!